Making the Most of Home Stretch Marketing
December 31, 2014 is just 10 short weeks away. Like the saying goes, time flies when you’re having fun! Now is a great time to start the annual rite of passage. Reflection. Take the opportunity to look at what took place over the last 10 months. Think about how you can complete the year on a strong note. So where to begin? Here are a few suggestions for making the most of these last precious weeks:
- Review your marketing plan. Establish what you have accomplished and what is left on your plan. There is always more that can be done. Don’t forget to take a moment and be pleased with your progress.
- Prioritize the remaining goals that haven’t been reached. Select one or two priorities and create a renewed, actionable plan for working towards those goals.
- Book ten, thirty minute time slots in your calendar, one each week. Spend those precious minutes on forwarding your marketing and business development plans. Be sure to make these appointments with yourself a priority, after all this is your last chance!
- Review your contacts list; make sure it is up to date and get it ready to use.
- Connect with one of your contacts each week. Email or call specific individuals to see how they are doing, ask about their year and offer to be helpful.
- Decide on how you will connect with your networks this holiday season. Mark a date on your calendar to send out your communication.
- Revise your current marketing plan and position yourself to take action in 2014. Make it reasonable, but also a challenge!
- Start tweeting and posting status on social media consistently. By the end of the year you will a productive new habit in place for 2015.
Whatever you do, make sure you embrace your success from this year and think about ways to expand upon it for 2015. If you haven’t made the impact you had hoped to achieve last January, recognize that it isn’t too late to start. Choose to make the most of these last few months of 2014. Ten weeks is plenty of time. Good luck!