Relationship Appreciation: Recalibrating Marketing for the Holidays
The holiday season can be a wonderful time of year. Unfortunately, many of us get stressed out… the feeling like we can’t keep up with the multiplying demands creeps in. Specifically, I hear people stress over how to continue marketing efforts through this season. What can we do? Balancing the end-of-year work commitments with the trips to the shopping mall isn’t always easy.
My suggestion… try recalibrating your outlook on marketing. Use the season as a time for reflection and giving. Focus on relationship appreciation this month and all will fall into place for the new year. Here is a short list of things to try:
- Make phone calls to wish your key contacts a happy holiday. Leave a detailed voicemail if they aren’t available.
- Write personal notes and tell people that you value your relationship and look forward to working together more.
- Have breakfast or lunch delivered to your top clients and referral sources.
- Send out New Years cards between the week of Christmas and New Years.
- Attend social holiday events and invite clients and peers to go with you.
- Send a gift that recognizes your valued relationships.
Whatever you choose to do, always be sincere and helpful. Part of being memorable is being real. Don’t let the holidays keep you from forwarding your goals. Relationships will always be the foundation of a successful business… so keep your outreach personalized and grateful.