End of Summer Marketing
We are officially in the dog days of summer. Hopefully everyone can grab a few more days on the beach, enjoying backyard BBQs and take a few more dips in the pool. In between recharging your batteries, keep up on your relationship and business development so that September doesn’t find you in a scramble to catch up. Here are a few things you can do to keep yourself up to pace:
- Review your marketing plans and adjust actionable items for success in the last quarter of the year.
- Reducing clutter in your workspace, archive closed files and clean your desk.
- Reassess your website, including its content and images. Does it still reflect your business goals and speak to your desired visitors?
- Use social media to keep top of mind.
- Update your contacts and make sure they are in your database in useable form.
- Email your top prospects, clients and referral sources to check in before things get busy. Book lunches, coffees and other touch points.
- Write an article for publishing in a trade or business journal.
Regardless of how you choose to spend the last month of summer, use this beautiful time of year to rejuvenate your marketing plans. You will earn a successful fourth quarter by scheduling yourself to spend time marketing now. Don’t forget to take time to assess where you have been for the first 7 months of the year… mark your progress and note what you have left to do. Come September, you will be ready to hit the road running!